Welcome to Dr Sami Alneaim Public

Energy Website

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Petroleum Engineering Departments in Saudi Arabia

Dr. Sami Alnuaim
Site Owner

There were several newspapers articles last week talking about the Petroleum Engineering Departments in both King Saud and King Fahad universities. The issues were related to employment of the graduates of these two Petroleum Engineering departments . There were some articles also asking to close the PE department in King Saud. I would like to open this strategic issue for discussion and try to find some solutions to this issue. Is it the quality of these graduates, the alignment of these departments with the Saudi oil industry, or something else? The question here is what should the two departments do? If you were the department chairman, what would you do to address thsi issue and secure jobs for your graduates?

Please let’s not mention specific names of companies or individuals so that we all benefit from this discussion. Any reply that would mention spicific names will be deleted.

April 2, 2011 at 1:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dr. Sami Alnuaim
Site Owner

Gentlemen, specially who work for KFUPM & KSU, we need your interaction with this subject.

May 14, 2011 at 3:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dr. Sami Alnuaim
Site Owner

I want to share with all the fact that KSU PE program is getting much better and stronger with the help of Dr. Musaed Al-Awad. I believe that KSU took a very strategic step towards excellence through establishing a English concentrated pre year, ABET acredication and most importantly increasing the minimum graduation GPA to > 2.5/5. The results of these changes will be reflected on the quality of the graduates that yet to be seen in the next years. I hope that this will establish a kind of competition between KSU & KFUPM PE programs.

May 29, 2011 at 2:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.