Welcome to Dr Sami Alnuaim Public

Energy Website

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Saudi Energy e-Think Tank

Salamah S. Al-Anizi

I was driving in Yanbu Industrial City this morning and one thing attracted my attention and that is the solar heater water tanks sitting on top of all houses in that city.  Although the solar heater water tank is an old technology and is being used in so many countries in the world, but it is a good idea of energy conservation within household appliances.  I know we can think of so many other ideas to save energy in all aspects of life.  So, I am thinking of using the concept of energy e-think tank in which Saudis and others are given a chance in this site or any other network communication means to  share their ideas to generate or conserve energy.  This is only a network thinking contribution, it does not cost anyone any thing.  All ideas are accepted and valued.

I tried this long time ago when I gave engineering groups a chance to contribute with new inventions through an invention contest.  I ended up along with the team who was working with me with more inventions than we foresaw.

Dear members of this site, please help promoting this idea or share any other energy development ideas that can help optimizing energy concept in our country.

--

Salamah S. Al-Anizi

Engineering Consultant

January 26, 2011 at 3:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dr. Sami Alnuaim
Site Owner

Good to know that and I think this idea is very good one.

I think I read in an article that few years ago, Lebanon gave their citizens small loans with zero interest to install these solar water heaters and donated more energy efficient bulbs to many houses to replace the low efficiency one free of charge.

We all also noticed the use of the Solar panels for powering the road signs in Al-Khobar. I hope that the city expand this to include all Traffic lights in the city or at least improve the safety of our roads and highways by installing more safety, information and road related signs using the solar panels.

January 27, 2011 at 4:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Salamah S. Al-Anizi

Site members,

We need you minds to think of ideas and/or procedures to help in conservig energy in Saudi Arabia.  Every idea counts.

--

Salamah S. Al-Anizi

Engineering Consultant

February 3, 2011 at 7:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.